Hi friends! I’m so excited to be launching my new beauty series!!! Ever since I was young I’ve LOVED to play with makeup & hair! I’ve always loved helping my friends get ready for prom or doing my models makeup before a shoot. So, I decided to start a series where I blog about all the things that I learn about makeup! Now, I am by no means a professional makeup artist & I don’t claim that I know everything, but I’d love to share with you guys things that I have learned over the years that have helped me with my makeup. Also, I think every girl can admit doing hair & makeup can be fun! So, why not? Cheers to my first post about some of my favorite makeup products that I couldn’t live without. I hope some of you find this helpful!!! Enjoy xoxo
1. The first set of products that I am obsessed with are: the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, the Urban Decay Brightening & Tightening Completion Face Primer Potion, the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition liquid makeup, & the Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray!!! These products are some of my favorites & I use them every day. I’ve tried SO many different liquid foundations, and this one is by far my favorite because it is actually a water based foundation which makes my face hydrated, but it doesn’t leave it feeling oily. It gives me the perfect matte finish. I also love it because it can act as a thin & light weight foundation, or you can apply more and more layers if you want a heavier coverage. The primers help my makeup stay on all day without any smearing or smudging and the setting spray is like the icing on the cake! Helping my makeup last all day and all night long.
2. The second set of products that go into my every day routine are all my contouring and highlighting favorites. First is a highlighting powder (I use Highlight-01) from Laura Mercier! (I LOOOOVE her products!) This highlighter looks flawless on all skin tones and catches the light so beautifully! Second is my matte bronzer I use to contour, it’s called Hoola from Benefit. I’ve been using the product for a long time now & I’m so in love!!! Although on some skin tones it can look more harsh and dark, so if you have a lighter complexion I would recommend a lighter color. Third is my all time favorite bronzer, it’s Sun Bunny from Too Faced. This is a two toned bronzer that makes your skin glow!
3. The third set of products, which I just discovered & am head-over-heels in love with, are the products from the eyebrow line by Anastasia! Specifically the Brow Wiz pencil, the Brow Powder Duo, & the Clear Brow Gel. My new favorite thing to do is my eyebrows, I love a full, thick eyebrow! These products help me get my eye brows looking flawless every morning. I also recommend getting a brush like the one pictured. (my brush is form Anastasia a but any like it will do!) These eyebrow products are a must have if you like doing your brows big a bold!!!
4. My fourth set of products help my eyes pop, while still keeping a natural look! These two GORGEOUS eyeshadows from MAC have always been a favorite of mine! I wear them almost every day. the first one is a sparkly whitish color that I use to highlight my inner corners, & its called PHLOOF! The second is my go to crease color, it is a hazelnut sparkly brown called MULCH. & last but not least is what completely transforms my eyes. A gel eyeliner from Smashbox in the color Jet Set! I LOVE this eye liner! I’ve never liked pencil eye liner & liquid is too easy to mess up in my opinion. This gel eyeliner is easy to use and stays on all day long, no matter how big the wing!!!
5. Last but not least is the product I rave most about! & that is a mascara from Too Faced called Better Than Sex! This mascara truly is a work of magic!!! It creates long full lashes that mimic flash lashes but with out the weight and hassle. I love, love, love this product! I will never use anything else. It completely transforms my lashes by just ONE coat! It also helps to have a good eyelash curler. I purchased this one from Sephora a while back and it has held up so well!
I hope some of you found this helpful & I can’t wait to share more in the future! Please make sure to comment down below if you’d like me to discuss anything in particular! I’m hoping to even start some short tutorials, but we will see about that one! 😉 xoxo